|Season 3, Episode 19 (49)|
|Episode Guide Transcript|
Call of the Wild is the nineteenth episode of the third season of The Originals and the 49th episode overall.
MANIPULATION BEGETS MANIPULATION- At Kol's behest, Klaus attends a lavish gala hosted by Caroline to break Davos' control over her and rob The Old Ones of their political liaison. Angelica and Callie work together to devise a counter-strike, but a vision halts the alliance dead in its tracks. Finn stalks Kingston. Angelique readies herself for her battle against Dahlia, who has returned to the playing field. Davos keeps a watchful eye on the mysterious Tatiana Matthews, while Tess, Anica, and Anne infiltrate the Pentagon. Tristan finds a new ally. Mikael finds Cerdic. Marcel confronts Freya. Lucien finds himself alone with Parker. Dahlia experiences an unexpected moment of vulnerability with Joanna. Aurora makes plans for herself and Klaus.
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
- Daniel Gillies as Elijah Mikaelson
- Nathaniel Buzolic as Kol Mikaelson
- Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson
- Casper Zafer as Finn Mikaelson
- Haley Lu Richardson as Angelique Mikaelson
- Rebecca Breeds as Aurora de Martel
- Emily VanCamp as Christabella Marcoux
- Claire Coffee as Alana Killeen
- Mekenna Melvin as Callie Mercer
- Crystal Reed as Joanna
Special Guest StarsEdit
- Tatiana Maslany as Tatiana Matthews
- Sebastian Roche as Mikael
- Rachelle Lefevre as Angelica Barker
- Claudia Black as Dahlia
- Candice King as Caroline Forbes
- Shantel VanSanten as Anne Bonny
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as Davos
- Alexis Denisof as Cerdic
- Andrew Lees as Lucien Castle
- Penelope Mitchell as Liv Parker
- Imogen Poots as [[Tess Smith]
- Leven Rambin as Esther
- with Elizabeth Olsen as Anica
- and Sebastian Stan as Ethan Pope
- Antagonist: Caroline Forbes
- Title Meaning: Davos taunts Klaus about his wolf side. He also references the book
- There is a small possibility that Caroline may regain her humanity in this episode.
- This episode is centered on Klaus and Caroline's relationship.
- This episode is named after the book of the same name by Jack London. The story concerns a dog named Buck who must prove himself in the Yukon during the Klondike Gold Rush during the 1890s.