|The Iceman Cometh|
|Season 2, Episode 1|
|A Death in the Family||Oaths|
The Iceman Cometh is the first episode of Batman Season 2 and the 14th episode overall. It is the first of a three-part story, detailing Bruce's wedding to Julie and his promise to Alfred.
BLEEDING HEART OF ICE- After emerging from his accident with ice-based abilities, an unhinged Victor Fries goes on a killing spree against those responsible for his misfortunes, while also continuing to research a cure for himself and his wife. Elsewhere, James Gordon and Renee Montoya stake out CJ Maroni's latest target, and Julie Madison is surprised to find that two more members of the Sacred Order of Saint Dumas have arrived in Gotham City.
- Luke Evans as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Aaron Paul as Jason Todd (hallucinations)
- Rose McIver as Stephanie Brown/Batgirl
- Andrew Scott as Harvey Dent
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Victor Fries/Freeze
- India de Beaufort as Julie Madison
- Katrina Law as Nyssa al Ghul/Ra's al Ghul
- Rachel Skarsten as Talia al Ghul (Earth 3)
- Camilla Belle as Renee Montoya
- Erin Cahill as CJ Maroni
- Crystal Reed as Sofia Falcone
- Jane Levy as Barbara Gordon
- Jessica Stroup as Marilyn McCarthy
- Justin Chatwin as Jean-Paul Valley
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance
- Jessica de Gouw as Helena Bertinelli
- Ruta Gedmintas as Nora Fries
- Shawn Ashmore as Jason Bard
- with Jonathan Pryce as Alfred Pennyworth
- with Henry Ian Cusick as The Joker
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn
- and Bryan Cranston as Commissioner James Gordon
- Antagonist: Victor Fries
- 1st episode this season to feature all main characters
- Bruce and Victor will have a conversation about their similarities, forcing Bruce to question his ability to lead a double life.
- This episode takes place on the same night as A Death in the Family.
- First episode to feature Renee and The Joker as series regulars.
- First episode to not feature Jason.
- This episode takes its name from the 1939 play by Eugene O'Niell concerning socialism and anarchism.